Inside Sales Plano, Texas
Our MissionAt Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Your CareerAs an Inside Sales Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for presenting our Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers: crafting and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, and making expert technical recommendations. You will work closely with the Inside Sales team and Channel partners to provide training and technical support. You will also provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
- Effectively lead conversations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Proactively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and leverage channel partners to excel in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary
- Building and maintaining of an SE lab for testing and training purposes and assisting with customer EBC visits
- 2+ years of experience as a successful SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Knowledge ofL2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Experience training customers and partners on technical subject matter, including new networking and security feature
The TeamPalo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
Our CommitmentWe’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.