SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Lake City, FL Transportation Group as a Transportation Planner (Entry Level).
MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLEUnder supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the solution of planning problems and the coordination of related project activities. Work may involve land utilization, urban planning, transportation or archaeological projects. The selected candidate will be able to analyze traffic volumes and develop projected future traffic utilizing both the locally adopted traffic model and historical growth trends. Provides support to Project Managers in interpretation and use of Traffic Data. Works to establish and review Urban Boundaries and Functional Classifications as well as land use data.
- Prepares all or part of technical reports.
- Visits project sites and gathers data.
- Analyzes zoning requirements, traffic and/or environmental impact of projects.
- Provides written and graphic input for technical memo, feasibility studies, proposals and project status reports.
- Coordinates graphic exhibit preparation and/or other portions of a planning project.
- Coordinates technical work requirements with internal disciplines.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Assists with the Strategic Intermodal System (SIS), Transportation Alternatives Program and Shared-Use Nonmotorized (SUN) Trail Program for FDOT.
- Coordinates these programs with Work Program, Project Management, and Central Office Systems Planning.
- Develops the SIS 5-year Plan, SIS 10-Year Plan, the SIS Cost Feasible Plan, and the SIS Unfunded Needs Plan.
- Coordinates financial plan exercises for SIS projects using various scenarios as directed.
- Prepares planning studies, feasibility studies and master plans for the Department.
- Develops concepts based on identified needs and local stakeholder coordination.
- Determines and maintains associated project costs for consideration into the work program.
- Tracks projects utilizing a developed database/speadsheet for projects including schedules, costs, and project data.
- Develops both current and proposed project maps and graphics utilizing ArcGIS.
- Coordinates with the local governments and various stakeholders in implementation by assisting in the solicitation, review, field review and producing maps and other graphical presentations of projects as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related field. Minimal experience required with Bachelor's degree. No experience required with Master's degree.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills desired.
- AICP certification preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice. Location Lake City Location Lake City