ProQuest – Who we are…The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Technical Support Analyst
What will I be doing?
As a Technical Support Analyst at ProQuest, you will be the first point of contact to connect with students, teachers, and administrators to provide a high level of customer service to address their questions and/or concerns with the status, process or results of their dissertation or thesis throughout the submission process to digitization and final printing.
In this position, you will also…
- Provide proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments and external vendors when deemed necessary.
- Respond to customer inquiries with a high degree of professionalism.
- Provide documentation of responses that can serve as a guide for future questions.
- Actively participate in product discussions, working closely with senior members of the team to optimize the customer experience.
- Author and maintain product support collaterals as needed to enhance product adoption and usage, including FAQ’s, Technical Tips, technical/functional specifications, etc.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You thrive in a high-touch, service-oriented customer service role.
2. You will enjoy challenging but stimulating work that presents a unique challenge every day.
3. You see service level goals as an opportunity to demonstrate your value.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. Having service level goals is stressful for you.
2. You don’t enjoy constant communication with customers and team members.
3. You prefer consistent direction and a predictable workday.
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a high-volume customer service organization, preferably serving global customers.
- Proven skills with MS Office suite of products.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to forge strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Professional, enthusiastic presence with the ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills, with a focus on accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on learning, with the ability to share knowledge and quickly learn and adapt to change.
- Strong analytical skills (system analysis, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet month-end deadlines.
Superstar Candidates May Also Have…
- Experience working in a library or candidates who have or working on their MLIS.
- Multi-lingual skills are preferable for international support.
- Understanding of ProQuest policies and procedures and how they relate to a product, market and/ regions.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
- Once the office reopens this position will be based in ProQuest’s Ann Arbor, MI office.
- Little to no travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing excellent customer service in a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
Link for Forbes Best Mid-Size Employers: https://www.proquest.com/about/news/2018/Forbes-Ranks-ProQuest-Among-Americas-Best-Mid-Size-Employers.html
Ann Arbor = Forbes Happiest Places to Work
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)